At University Urgent Care in Fort Worth, TX we provide on-site x ray imaging to our patients. Having an on-site X-ray allows us to accurately identify and diagnose all bone ailments. The best thing about our facility is the quick wait times and access to appointments same day. Our facility is prepared to diagnose various bone and joint disorders such as arthritis, sports injuries, broken bones, and fractures. Based on the severity of your x-ray we have expert doctors available to treat your injury on-site or refer you to a specialist.
WHAT IS AN X-RAY
X-rays utilize electromagnetic beams to produce a negative image which allows doctors to view bones, joints, and tissue to properly diagnose patients. X-rays provide digital images with the use of radiation to pass through blood, soft tissue, and muscle.
X-rays are commonly used to diagnose:
- Fractured bones or joint dislocation severity
- Demonstrate proper alignment and stabilization of bony fragments following treatment
- Spine repair/fusion, joint replacement, and fracture reductions.
- Diagnose injury, infection, arthritis, abnormal bone growths and bony changes seen in metabolic conditions.
- Assist in the detection and diagnosis of bone cancer.
- Locate foreign objects in soft tissues around or in bones
RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS
While there are few risks and complications associated with x-rays there are some things you should know:
- Woman who are pregnant or may be pregnant must consult their doctor.
- Very slight risk of cancer, however in such small amounts this is generally less risky than receiving the benefits from a proper diagnosis with an x-ray